Raptr Forum Signature

Friday, April 20, 2012

Long Time No See!

 Indeed, it's been nearly a year since I've made an update... meaning that my "beat a game every week for a year" resolution was an epic failure. Go me, eh?

 Stuff happened, I moved to northern Virginia, and got caught up with life, resulting in the complete neglection of my "gaming schedule" and writing regularly.

 So I apologize for the ridiculous hiatus, and admit defeat. However, that doesn't mean I'm hanging this blog up to dry, oh no, no, no. In fact, I've completely updated this blog, from its general "look" (I'm not too keen on the super-fancy, animation templates that Blogger provides, though, sorry) to its individual posts (I've implemented a more analytical scoring method for my reviews), and even have a new "purpose" in mind.

 As I mentioned before, I moved to live with my boyfriend of nearly three years, Brad aka "Damo", although it is temporary; we'll be moving back to the middle Tennessee area as soon as he's done with his four years of service as a US Marine. Living with someone is a prime opportunity to truly get to know someone, and, despite knowing that Brad is quite the anime-loving, video game-playing guy I fell in love with, there's some things I simply didn't know...

  The best RPGs ever released (in my opinion) -- the "classics", as many refer to them -- are largely unknown to Brad.

 I know, right?! I couldn't even believe it, myself. Never having played Chrono Trigger? Never having heard of the masterpiece that is EarthBound, or spending hours upon hours customizing a massive army of characters in Final Fantasy Tactics?

 I refuse to allow Brad to go on without experiencing what I believe are games that should not be passed up by anyone who thinks of themselves as a "gamer". So... why not do a bit of encouraging?

 Indeed, the new purpose for my blog presented itself to me like a ethereal epitome:. I'm going to continue to play (and re-play, in many cases) games, mostly RPGs, and do so with Brad at my side, in order to share with him what he's been missing out on for all of these years; and I'm going to share the experiences (and potentially frustrations) of doing so with all of you -- sans the crazy game-a-week plan that I had given myself, before. This time, I'm simply going to adhere to a "play-as-I-please" schedule, and I'll make sure to post a minimum of once a week, every Wednesday.

 So, for those of you who, like Brad, never felt like playing through Chrono Trigger (seriously, why haven't you...?), for those of you who've never been able to find a copy of EarthBound, and for those of you who simply don't have the motivation, time or patience to play through some of the best games of all time, I will.

 I'm going to continue to play through games and write about them for Brad, for all of you, and for myself. Games, particularly role-playing ones, are truly amazing experiences, and hopefully I will be able share that passion, or even ignite a new one, for anyone who wishes to pay my geeky ramblings any attention.

 You're welcome to follow me on Twitter or subscribe via RSS to keep up with me and my blog posts.

 Thanks to those of you who're still following this blog after nearly a year-long hiatus, and for your support of my gaming obsession (er... passion! PASSION!!!) and my desire to chronicle my experiences in a blog. I'll be posting again soon about the games I'm currently playing! Game on, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment