Raptr Forum Signature

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ecksbawks!

 Alright, so I'm a bit behind on the current generation of gaming consoles, I'll admit. I've had a Wii for several years (mind you, it's been dead since a system update corrupted a boot file...), but that's it, as far as the "new" systems go. Hell, I've barely even played an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 -- very few of my friends have them.

 Since I grew up with games, I guess I'm attached to older stuff. I still do most of my gaming on the PlayStation 2, and of course, my PC through the Steam client. I own tons of consoles from my childhood and teenage years... two Super Nintendos (I'm not even too sure how I got the second one), a Nintendo 64, a Sega Dreamcast (I played the hell out of Phantasy Star Online, let me tell you...), a PS One, a Nintendo GameCube, and two PlayStation 2s... one is Japanese... and bright pink. Heh. That's not including my fat, chunky, original Game Boy, a Game Boy Advance, and my two Nintendo DSes. My collection is crap compared to more "hardcore" gamers, I'm sure, but eh... it's still something I'm proud of.

 Well, I've finally managed to get my paws on an Xbox 360, thanks to Brad. As a Marine, he doesn't have tons of time to game... and he has both a PlayStation 3 and a 360. Being the amazingly fantastic guy that he is, he allowed me to keep the 360 while he took the PS3. Unfortunately... the 360 red-ringed as soon as he gave it to me, and only now did it come back from being serviced. (Hah, double entendre, anyone?)

 So here I am, with a new console to play games on. Most of the games Brad let me have aren't games I'd ever play, but hey... why not expand my horizons a bit? This is gonna be quite fun, indeed. Of course, I'm not allowing myself to get wrapped up in another game until I manage to beat Dragon Warrior VII, which I'm about 3/4 of the way through. Now if I can just stop getting distracted by League of Legends and actually beat the damn thing...

1 comment:

  1. Don't be afraid to try those online shooter games. You only have to be afraid of the people who play them.

    ReplyDelete